Thursday, September 3, 2009

ok fine, labadi isn't that bad

It's not very often that I admit to being wrong. Ask anyone who's every been my friend, boyfriend or family member. I crashed my car last month and blamed the sidewalk for being too wide. 

But here I am, admitting that I made a mistake. A few posts earlier, I complained about Labadi beach, that on a lazy Sunday afternoon, it was too dirty, too noisy, too much. Turns out, at night, it is no less than awesome.

I've always wanted a beach bonfire a la John Tucker Must Die, but there are too many laws in the United States and anyway, who would want to sit around the non-boardwalk part of Seaside after dark? You might get crabs and not the ones that come from the ocean. Although maybe those would be there too, you never know. 

Enter Labadi: you can dance around a pit of flame, eating kettle corn and listening to the intoxicating rhythms of African reggae. Last night, we held hands and sang Bob Marley (let's get together and feeeeeel allllrighttt). You can also get a drink for less than a dollar. Just saying.

The best part is that this reggae madness happens every Wednesday. The highlight of my Wednesdays last semester were Town Tavern's 50 cent pitcher night followed by the space market...actually, just kidding, Wednesdays in New York are awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment